We all know that we’re meant to wear sun protection all year round to protect our skin from damaging sun rays, but during the summer months it’s that more important to do so, as the sun is out in full force – even if it’s cloudy. I try to always wear sun cream, but often I find that the products that offer the best protection are thick and white, so hard to blend into one’s skin. So when I came across a brand new product called SPF45 Tinted Moisturiser, which is part of the Marine Skincare from Spa Technologies, I was keen to give it a try. It’s a gorgeous cream that smells clean and refreshing and is instantly absorbed into the skin, providing an even and matt finish. It’s a great daily moisturiser with a hint of colour that you can wear without worrying about adding sun protection, and because it’s so packed-full of nutrients (its main active ingredients are Hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and mineral make-up) you know that you’re also nourishing and feeding your skin. The entire range of serums and creams are, in fact, formulated by blending natural active ingredients into a 70% food-grade seaweed base (seaweed contains magnesium, potassium and phosphorous, essential for collagen production, which maintains the skin’s elasticity), resulting in a nutrient-rich product that provides protection against ageing without relying on chemicals, so you know it’s completely safe to wear. Not only that, but the range is completely vegan so free of any animal products, which is wonderful in itself on so many levels… I love that this luxurious, high-end brand is so ethical and results driven, as often the most effective creams available have very heavily chemically-based formulas. So if you’re conscious of what you consume inside and out (remember that the skin is the largest organ of your body), but still want a product that delivers, this could be the brand for you. You heard it here first!
Spa technologies is:
Hypo-allergenic, contains no Parabens, no sulphates, no sulphides, no MI, no artificial fragrances or colours, no animal product, and is not tested on animals.
The SPF 45 Tinted Moisturiser from Spa Technologies is priced at £25, and £101 for the Restore kit. Available from Spatechnologiesuk.com For more information or to see the full range here go to http://www.veganbeautyskincare.co.uk/product-category/skincare
Posted in Skincare, Wellbeing
Tagged algae, anti ageing, beautiful, colour, contains no Parabens, essential Oils, Hypo-allergenic, is not tested on animals., Marine technology, moisturiser, Natural, no animal product, no artificial fragrances or colours, no MI, no sulphates, no sulphides, nourishing, relaxation, Restore Kit, skincare, Spa Technologies UK, treatment, Vegan, wellbeing
Why not have some fun the Halloween and show off your nails? Here is a great tutorial I want to share with you from Julep nail varnishes. Check the brand out on Julep.com they have some fantastic colours I’ll be updating you on…
Posted in Make Up, Nails, Wellbeing
Tagged colour, fun nails, halloween, Julep, luxury, set by step, tutorial, varnishes, wellbeing
If you like to wear natural looking make-up, you will love this product. It’s called Tin o’ Tint Strawberry, and it’s a coloured lip balm. This time of year, when the weather gets cold and windy, it’s essential that you moisturise your lips with a good lip balm, so this clever little product will multitask for you, giving you both the moisture you need and a touch of colour plus adding a delicious strawberry flavour to the mix. The colour is great, as it’s more of a stain than a lipstick, which is very on trend right now – i. e. natural lips with a hint of blush and healthy looking eyebrows. It highlights your lips ever so slightly to give you that healthy glow and make your teeth look a touch whiter. It’s ideal to wear in the day but also at night if you want to look understated but groomed.
It comes from Miners cosmetics and it’s priced at £2.99, making it a great stocking filler or gift to yourself 😉 We love it at Beauty Spot!
Fresh, fruity and classically British, Tin o’ Tint Strawberry will leave lips feeling soft, smooth and with a hint of soft red tint.
Available at Minerscosmetics.co.uk, priced £2.99.
Posted in Fashion, Make Up, trend
Tagged barely there, beautiful, blush, colour, lip stain, luxury, miners cosmetics, Natural, on trend, rose, TIn o'tint, wellbeing
Finding a good hairdresser is no mean feat, a bit like a needle in a haystack… I’ve been to endless salons over the years, and often thought my hair looked OK, but somehow lacked that wow factor. But for the last year I’ve been going to Sergio Gianasso’s Covent Garden salon and haven’t looked back. I was originally introduced to it by hairdresser and colourist extraordinaire Adam Bennett who knows a thing or two about getting your hair to look amazing without going over the top, and I immediately felt at home at the salon. Sergio is always there to greet you with a smile and they always offer you a slice of home-made tiramisu (yes, you read correctly! That alone makes the trip worth it!) and also – something I think is really important – you’re never made to feel rushed; there’s always a consultation before you decide which look to go for to ensure that you’re completely prepared and happy with your choice of cut or colour. I spoke to Sergio for his top tips for caring for summer hair and which looks are going to be big this season…and here’s the low-down…
5 top tips for caring for summer hair in the sun:
- Where a hat wherever possible.
- Your hair needs protecting the same as your skin. I recommend Kerastase Voile Protect from the Soleil range. Reapply as you would sunscreen. It protects from harmful UV rays.
- Talk to your stylist about your travel plans. A good stylist will make the most of your hair’s natural texture and the elements of where you will be going. For example, a clever hair cut with cleverly placed layers will sit perfectly with no need for drying when you come out of the sea. The salt in the seawater will help it to naturally retain its look.
- Use a deep conditioning masque where possible. Better still, get a really effective conditioning treatment done to your hair before and after you go. Our Luxe Blow-dry is ideal for this. You want your hair to be manageable while you are on holiday. A deep conditioning treatment will smoothe it down and prepare it for the aggression of sun and salt. It will also make your colours last longer. And when you come back, you replenish all the health in hair that you lose.
- If you’re going somewhere sunny, your hair will naturally lift so it is useful to see your colourist before AND after you go away.
Which top 3 looks are going to be big this sumer season?
- I believe balayage is resurgent. It went away but it goes particularly well with the current economics – it doesn’t have to be done as often as normal highlights, or regrowth or gloss. And the results can be stunning if the stylist knows what they’re doing with the paint brush.
- You’ll see more looks referencing the 1920s era – Great Gatsby period. Bold, glossy effective colours: shiny and rich. More women with shorter hair making their natural colour bolder. Mocca is a great example, the new tone from L’Oreal (Alexa Chung). Picture as well soft bobs with kiss curls and wavy, s-shaped fringes.
3. Accessorize. There will be a lot more decorative accessories on show this summer. Even scarves (perfect for hiding the roots as well as for looking classy and groomed!)
For more information go to Sergiogiannasso.co.uk.
I recently had my eyebrows threaded too thinly, and it’s taking me ages to grown them out back to their former glory. So while I wait for the perfect shape, I am having to colour them in and using the Eyes & Brows Professional Stencil Kit by Wow Pamper Lounge. The kit comes with two different stencil shapes – one thinner and one thicker – which you can base your eyebrow shape on. Once you’ve chosen the one that suits you best, place it firmly over your brow and fill the gaps using the powder. There are two shades in each kit so you can either chose one colour or mix them up to get the perfect match. There are three matte shades to choose from: blonde, brunette and dark brown. Each mirrored compact comes with two contour colours and a small brush for greater definition. It really makes a big difference so if you have the same experience as me and your threader is a bit too keen, make sure you cheat and get those brows looking great ‘between shapes’!
For more information go to www.wow-pamperlounge.com.
Priced at £19.99 each.